Thank you for your interest in our website and our services. For us, data is the basis for excellent service. However, our most important asset is the trust of our customers. Protecting customer data and using it only in the way our customers expect, is our number one priority. The following privacy notice is therefore intended to inform you about the processing of your personal data and your rights in this processing in accordance with the European General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR") and other applicable data protection regulations.
1. General information
- Responsible for the operation of this website is METRO AG, Metro-Straße 1, 40235 Duesseldorf, Germany (hereinafter "METRO", "we" or "us").
- If you have any questions about privacy and data protection, you can contact our data protection officer using the following contact details: METRO AG, Data Protection Officer, Metro-Straße 1, 40235 Duesseldorf, Germany, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We have taken appropriate technical measures to ensure that your data is protected against unauthorized disclosure, unlawful use, alteration and destruction. METRO employees are required to comply with data protection regulations when handling (personal) data.
2. Processing of Personal Data and Transfer to Third Parties
- If you contact us (for example via an enquiry at email@example.com), we only collect, process and use the personal data that you have made available to us and that is necessary to process and respond to your enquiry. Legal basis for the processing is Art. 6 para. 1 s. 1 lit. b) GDPR.
- You can register for our information service using a separate form. After you have filled out the relevant registration form and, by doing so, sent us your personal data supplied therein as well as your consent to the use of your data for the purposes selected by you, we will send you a confirmation email. The sending of our information takes place only with your consent and is based on Art. 6 para. 1 s. 1 lit. a) GDPR. You can opt out of receiving the information at any time via the respective link at the bottom of each message that you receive from us.
4. Individual Services
- Matomo: We use the data processor nexxar GmbH (https://nexxar.com) to host andmeasure the reach of this website. As part of this service, we use the open source software Matomo – a web analysis tool for the statistical evaluation of user behaviour. The data collected by Matomo is stored anonymously in order to improve our website.
5. Third-party content
This website uses the embedding features to display and play videos and other external content (third-party content). The content is inactive by default, i.e. no personal data is transmitted to the third-party providers when you visit our website. It is also possible to use our website without the external content. However, the content can be activated on a voluntary basis individually for each third-party provider. By doing so, you then consent to cookies being set by the third-party providers, your personal data (usage data, meta-communication data (especially IP address), location data, if applicable) being transmitted to the third-party providers and possibly also being processed in third countries such as the USA. The legal basis for the transmission of the data is the consent voluntarily given by you in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 s. 1 lit. a) GDPR. You can revoke your consent at any time for the future by removing the checkmark for the third-party provider.
Further processing is carried out under the own responsibility of the respective third-party provider.
Special notes on YouTube
Special notes on Google Maps
Our website uses the Google Maps plugin. This service is provided by Google Ireland Limited ("Google"), Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland. The purpose and scope of the data collection and the further processing and use of the data by Google as well as your rights and setting options for the protection of your privacy can be found in Google's data protection information at www.google.com/policies/privacy, Opt-Out: adssettings.google.com/authenticated.
6. Provision of personal data and retention periods
The provision of your personal data is voluntary. You are not legally obliged to make your personal data available to us. If you choose not to make your personal data available to us, this has no consequences for you, except that you may eventually not be able to use our services.
Personal data that you make available to us via our website will only be stored until the purpose for which it was processed has been fulfilled, until you tell us to delete your data or there is a statutory retention period. If the processing of your data is based on consent, we will delete your data if you withdraw your consent, unless we are required by law to retain the personal data.
7. Your rights
to exercise your rights under the GDPR to
- obtain information about the processing of your personal data and a copy of this data (Art. 15 GDPR),
- rectification of inaccurate and completion of incomplete personal data (Art. 16 GDPR),
- erasure of your personal data and, if these have been made public, that METRO informs other controllers about the erasure request (Art. 17 GDPR),
- restriction of processing of your personal data (Art. 18 GDPR),
- data portability, so that your personal data is transmitted to you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and the right to transmit this data to another controller without any hindrance from METRO (Art. 20 GDPR),
- withdrawal of consent given; the withdrawal does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal (Art. 7 GDPR) and
- object to processing of your data (Art. 21 GDPR), you can contact METRO’s Data Protection Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org) at any time. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority if you consider the data processing to be incompatible with the GDPR (Art. 77 GDPR).
Competent supervisory authority
State Commissioner for Data Protection and Information Security of North Rhine-Westphalia (Landesbeauftragte für Datenschutz und Informationssicherheit Nordrhein-Westfalen)
Home address: Kavalleriestraße 2-4, 40213 Duesseldorf, Germany
Postal address: Postfach 20 04 44, 40102 Duesseldorf, Germany
Telephone: +49 (0) 211 / 384 24 – 0
Fax: +49 (0) 211 /384 24 – 10
If your personal data is processed on the basis of legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 s. 1 lit. f) GDPR, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR, provided that there are grounds for doing so that arise from your particular situation. If you wish to exercise your right to object, simply send an e-mail to METRO's Data Protection Officer (see above).
We reserve the right to update this data protection notice from time to time. Updates to this data protection notice will be posted on our website.
Last amended: February 2022
You can activate or deactivate cookies yourself below. We offer you the possibility to make settings in order to agree to this use, to revoke your consent or to object to the use.
- Name: nxrCookieAgreement
Lifespan: 7 days.
- Name: piwik_ignore, mtm_consent, mtm_consent_removed
Reason: Matomo opt-out cookie.
Lifespan: 2 years after the last page view.
- Name: MATOMO_SESSID
Reason: Temporary nonce cookie to prevent CSRF security issues (https://matomo.org/faq/general/faq_146/).
Lifespan: Duration of the session: the cookie is deleted when the browser is closed.
- Name: Site Improve
- Name: YouTube