Shareholder structure of METRO AG

The shareholder structure of METRO AG has changed. In preparing the Annual Financial Statements, the largest (indirect) shareholders of METRO AG, based on the voting rights notifications received by METRO AG in accordance with the German Securities Trading Act (WpHG), are EP Global Commerce GmbH with 29.99% of the ordinary shares and Meridian Stiftung and Beisheim Holding, to which a total of approximately 20.63% of the ordinary shares are allocated on a reciprocal basis memorialised in a pooling agreement. These 3 shareholders hold a total of 50.62% of the voting rights. In addition, Franz Haniel & Cie. GmbH holds 2.71% and CECONOMY AG holds 0.99% of the ordinary shares of METRO AG. In addition, all ordinary shares held by Franz Haniel & Cie. GmbH are subject to a call option of EP Global Commerce GmbH. Under the terms of the demerger agreement, the ordinary shares of CECONOMY AG cannot be sold until 1 October 2023.

49.38% of METRO AG shares are free-floating and held by a number of national and international investors. The shareholder structure reflects the international distribution of the share capital: approximately 15% of ordinary shares are held by investors from the USA, followed by investors from the United Kingdom with approximately 11%, Germany with approximately 13% and Europe (excluding Germany and the United Kingdom) with approximately 7%. The remaining countries account for around 3%.

Shareholder structure1

as of 6/11/2019

1 The information above is in particular based on notifications of voting rights pursuant to the German Securities Trading Act that were received and published by METRO AG.

2 Vote on exercising voting rights under the pooling agreement.